In this tutorial we will show you how to install and configure Master PDF Editor on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS. For those of you who didn’t know, Master PDF editor is a pdf editing tool through which we can edit or add text, images and password to a pdf file.Using this tool we can also split, merge and remove pages from a pdf file. It’s developed by Code Industry Ltd and available for Linux, Mac OS X and Windows.
This article assumes you have at least basic knowledge of linux, know how to use the shell, and most importantly, you host your site on your own VPS. The installation is quite simple and assumes you are running in the root account, if not you may need to add ‘sudo’ to the commands to get root privileges. I will show you through the step by step installation Master PDF Editor pdf editing tool on a Ubuntu 16.04 (Xenial Xerus) server.
Master PDF Editor Features
- Edit PDF text, images and pages with full editing features
- Create new PDF or edit existing ones.
- Add and/or edit bookmarks in PDF files.
- Encrypt and/or protect PDF files using 128 bit encryption.
- Convert XPS files into PDF.
- Add PDF controls (like buttons, checkboxes, lists, etc.) into your PDFs.
- Import/export PDF pages into common graphical formats including BMP, JPG, PNG, and TIFF.
- Split and merge PDF files.
- Dynamic XFA form support.
- Validation Forms and Calculate Values.
- Adding a digital signature and Signing PDF Documents.
- Fast and simple PDF forms fill out.
- Changing font attributes (size, family, color etc).
Install Master PDF Editor on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS
Step 1. First make sure that all your system packages are up-to-date by running these following apt-get commands in the terminal.
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
Step 2. Installing Master PDF Editor.
Run the following commands to install Master PDF Editor 4 on Ubuntu systems:
sudo dpkg -i master-pdf-editor-4.1.30_qt5.amd64.deb
sudo apt install -f
Once installed, master PDF editor can be started from Unity Dash or your preferred app launcher.
Congratulation’s! You have successfully installed Master PDF Editor. Thanks for using this tutorial for installing Master PDF Editor pdf editing tool on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS (Xenial Xerus) system. For additional help or useful information, we recommend you to check the official Master PDF Editor web site.